Hi, My name is Rucha and I am from Mumbai, India. I am an avid neuroscience enthusiast interested in developing innovative technology to enhance the rehabilitative arena.
I have done my Bachelor’s in Physiotherapy from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), India. I completed my Master’s of Physiotherapy with a focus on Neurorehabilitation in early 2021. Currently, I am doing a Masters’ in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology from The University of Florida, USA.
In the past, I have worked as a Physiotherapist dealing with a variety of patient conditions, volunteered with the local Sports and Recreational Centre and, served as a Director: Community Service Avenue with my local Rotaract Club.
I am extremely passionate about research and like learning and discovering newer avenues in our field. My research interests lie in the field of pediatric and the augmentative devices that can be used to enhance the rehabilitation processes in that population, as well as understanding the kinesiology and physiology behind neurorehabilitation.
Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy, MUHS, Maharashtra, India.
Master’s of Physiotherapy, MUHS, Maharashtra, India.
Master’s of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, University of Florida, Florida, USA.
Society of Indian Physiotherapists, India.
Maharashtra OT-PT Council.
I have a keen interest in research and have published the following articles in scientific journals:
- Physiotherapy Awareness in Medical and Non-Medical Population- A Social Media Survey. International Journal of Physiotherapy Research. Published 2017. Find it here.
- Usefulness of Toys in Neurodevelopmental disorders-A Survey amongst Physiotherapists. Archives in Neurology and Neuroscience. Published 2020. Find it here.
- Outcome Measures for Motor impairments in Pediatric Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Scoping Review. International Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Published 2021. Find it here.
- Correlation Between Functional Strength of Lower Limb, Sit to Stand and Functional Ambulation Capacity in Stroke Patients: an ICF Perspective. Archives in Neurology and Neuroscience. Published 2022. Find it here.
- Changing Paradigm of Care of Neuromuscular Diseases in the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Scoping Review. Archives in Neurology and Neuroscience. Published 2022. Find it here.
I had the privilege of presenting an E-poster at World Physiotherapy Congress, 2023 on the topic:
- Mobile Applications: Pathway to Improved Accessibility to Rehabilitation Knowledge.